Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Just Another Pandora Radio Indie Artist Reject


 What is the secret code to open this Pandora's Box?
After 4 rejections of our relatively popular songs on several other streaming sites I had high hopes. But they were swiftly dashed. Yes I am baffled why Pandora keeps rejecting our music.
But then who isn't if all the comments I read about the mass rejections of other Indie artist who have posted their stories is true.  And perhaps the worst part is they give you no inkling of why they didn't accept your music. Is it the production? Are they not taking on certain genres.
Do they just plain hate you and think you suck?
Please Pandora Radio. At least put us out of our misery and tell us what the problem is.
I never even received a rejection email after the first submission. I had to go to the site to see I was a reject.
It seems a bit unfair to leave an artist twisting in the wind
Is there some magic formula the gate keepers are looking for?

I imagine the only thing at this point to have half a chance is to beg people to request our music on the site to break in and we all know how well that goes over with everyone too.
Like they don't have better things to do with their time. Not to mention, it's never fun begging.
I have also had other bands who produce great music tell me they were rejected so quickly they wondered if anyone actually ever took time to listen. But I guess better to get smacked down right away than those who say they waited months thinking no news was good news.
Would love to hear your stories in the comment section below.
Misery loves company you know ;)



https://soundcloud.com/slippery-when-wet/i-cant-sleep-at-night-halloween-song


3 comments:

  1. Lots of great musicians that finally made it big we're rejected. Don't think twice about it, you guys are awesome ♫♥♫

    ReplyDelete